A nomination committee refers to a group of board members who are responsible for the corporate governance of an organization. Nominating committee members typically work to evaluate the characteristics and performance of board members and are responsible for selecting the best candidates for each seat on the board. The Nomination Committee assists the Board of Directors with the competence profile and composition of the Board of Directors, nomination of members for the Board of Directors and Board Committees, annual evaluation of the Board, and the corporate governance of the company.
The Nomination Committee shall meet at least one time a year. To the extent possible, meetings will be scheduled to coincide with meetings of the Board.
Role and Responsibilities of the Committee
- In making recommendation on the composition of Board committees, the committee shall give consideration to:
- The benefits of cross membership on Board Committees; and
- The benefits of progressive refreshing of the Board committees of the Board to promote fresh perspectives.
- Identify Board members qualified to fill vacancies on any Committee of the Board and recommend to the Board that such person appoint the identified person(s) to such committee.
- Provide each new director with a formal and tailored induction program including, but not limited to, the meetings with Executive Management, visits to the Bank’s facilities, presentations regarding strategic plans, significant financial, accounting and risk management issues, compliance programs, the Bank’s internal and external auditors, Board Secretary and any other related issues.
- Conduct and assessment of existing Board members’ training needs on an annual basis and design a development/training plan accordingly.
- Set a system to encourage Board members to attend training courses, seminars and events providing the opportunity to meet with local and international institutions and companies with the objective of developing skills in the field of banking and financial services business.
- Recommend to Board, persons to fill specific key vacancies including CEO, CRO and other Executive Management positions.
- Design a plan for succession and replacement of Executive Management and key officers including replacement in the event of an emergency or other unforeseeable vacancy.
- Conduct an annual review of the adequacy of succession arrangements for executive directors (if any), other members of the Executive Committee, and their respective direct reports.
Nomination Committees members:
The Nomination Committee Members are as follow:
Mr. Wadir Safi (Committee Chairman):
Mr. Wadir Safi was born on December 25, 1948, in Afghanistan. He has wide experience and excellent background of quality leadership, political and as well as in the field of a lectureship in different national and international educational institutions and universities. Mr. Safi is currently the Chairman of the Board of Director since 2018. Besides being a chairman to the Board of Supervisors, Mr. Wadir Safi is serving its services as a Lecturer, member the Public Law and Head of International Relation and a Senior Legal Officer for the Kabul University of Afghanistan. Mr. Wadir Safi holding a Ph.D. degree in International Laws and Politics, MA in International Relation from the Charles University, Prague Czechoslovakia, earned B.A Journalism from Faculty of Literature and Human Science – Kabul University Afghanistan. He has visited and participated in numerous academic conferences throughout his life career for sharing his rich leadership and spread his political experience of Afghanistan in different counties of the world names: The Boston University – USA, Washington University – USA, HELSINKI – Finland, Leyster University – Belgium, Oxford University – United Kingdom, Lyon and South Paris Universities – France. Mr. Wadir Safi also participated in the Professional youth seminar between Afghanistan and Pakistan in Germany, IHL conference New Delhi – India, SAARC conference – Nepal, UNODC – UAE, Bridging Gap between Afghanistan and Pakistan, G8 Forum Rome – Italy, Durand – Line forum between Afghanistan and Pakistan – Madrid, Conflict Resolution – Indonesia, International Peace Conference – Paris France, Reconstruction of Afghanistan – New Delhi India. Mr. Wadir Safi is an author of about 30 plus printed books on topics of the Public International Law, Human Right of Self Determination of Nations and issued various articles in the academic magazines.
Mr. Khalil Rahman Baheer (Committee Member):
Khalil Baheer is Operations Director of MISFA (Micro Finance Investment Support Facility Afghanistan). Since July 2009, he has been in senior Management of MISFA, an independent Budgetary Unit of the Government of Afghanistan, supporting the microfinance and SME sectors at the national Level. Mr. Baheer has over 20 years of experience in design, Management, implementation, Monitoring and evaluation of large complex development and humanitarian projects in Afghanistan, Pakistan, United Kingdom, and Thailand. He has worked with UN agencies (ILO, UNDP, UNOPS); INGOs, including IRC; and donor agencies, USAID, World Bank, and DFID. He holds a Master in Business Administration awarded by the London Metropolitan University. He completed his Bachelors from Orient University. Mr. Baheer also earned a Management and leadership certificate from Harvard University in the United State; United Kingdom.
Mr. Nasib Ahmadi (Committee Memeber):
Mr. Mohammad Nasib was born on 4th April, 1965 in Shirzad district, Nangarhar province Afghanistan. Prior to his joining ember of Board of Director for Pashtany Bank, Mr. M. Nasib used to work as a Country Director for the Center of International Private Enterprise – Afghanistan, Managing Director of Welfare Association for the Development of Afghanistan.
Mr. Mohammad Nasib is holding degree of Executive- Master in Business Administration from the Preston University Peshawar – Pakistan, Fellowship on Democracy, Development and the Rules of Law in 2005 and bachelor degree in Public Administration and International Comparative Policies from the Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania – USA.