The audit committee is the sub-committee of the Board of Supervisors, obtains reports from internal and external auditors, and delivers the auditors’ opinions to the Supervisory Board. The audit committee typically oversees the work of the internal audit activity and manages the relationship with the external auditor. Audit Committee is assisting the board of supervisors to accomplish its corporate governance and overseeing rules and responsibilities in relation to the bank’s financial reporting, internal control system, risk management system, internal and external audit functions, and the process for monitoring compliance with laws and regulations and code of conduct.
The Committee meets at least quarterly after the completion of external audit interim financial review.
Audit Committee Main Role and Responsibilities
- Reviewing the bank’s annual financial statements and financial-performance announcements, and giving the necessary recommendations to the Board of Supervisors before the approval of the statements.
- Meet with the bank’s external auditors to discuss the annual audit of the bank’s financial statements
- To review and evaluate the bank’s policies about internal controls, and make recommendations to the Board of Supervisors regarding their approval
- Audit Committee is a channel for approving the internal audit charter, internal audit budget and resource plan.
- Receiving communications from the Chief Internal Auditor on the internal audit activity’s performance relative to its plan and other matters.
- Review the effectiveness of internal audit department including conformance with the internal audit definition, Code of Conducts and the international standards for professional practices (IPPF).
Audit Committees Members:
Mr. Jannullah Zahir (Chairman):
Mr. Jannullah Zahir was born on April 02, 1986, in Khogyani district Jalalabad- Afghanistan. He has ten years of rich banking experience in central bank of Afghanistan (Da Afghanistan Bank) and commercial bank as senior auditor and finance Manager in Zadran Groups of Companies with an excellent background of economics and Political Science studies.
Besides being the member to the Board of Supervisors of PB, Mr. Zahir also work as Chief Finance Officer (CFO) in Irfan Zahir Groups of companies. Mr. Jannullah Zahir is holding a M.A degree in Economics from Osmania University-India, B.A in economics from the Kabul University, B.A in Political Science and Public Administration from American University of Afghanistan and he is Certified Expert in Financial inclusion from Frankfurt School of Business and finance-Germany.
Mr. Khalil Rahman Baheer (Member):
Khalil Baheer is Operations Director of MISFA (Micro Finance Investment Support Facility Afghanistan). Since July 2009, he has been in senior Management of MISFA, an independent Budgetary Unit of the Government of Afghanistan, supporting the microfinance and SME sectors at the national Level.
Mr. Baheer has over 20 years of experience in design, Management, implementation, Monitoring and evaluation of large complex development and humanitarian projects in Afghanistan, Pakistan, United Kingdom, and Thailand. He has worked with UN agencies (ILO, UNDP, UNOPS); INGOs, including IRC; and donor agencies, USAID, World Bank, and DFID.
He holds a Master in Business Administration awarded by the London Metropolitan University. He completed his Bachelors from Orient University. Mr. Baheer also earned a Management and leadership certificate from Harvard University in the United State; United Kingdom. He has been a Chairman of Mutahid DFI Audit Committee since 2016.
Mr. Mohammad Nasib (Member):
Mr. Mohammad Nasib was born on 4th April, 1965 in Shirzad district, Nangarhar province Afghanistan. Prior to his joining ember of Board of Director for Pashtany Bank, Mr. M. Nasib used to work as a Country Director for the Center of International Private Enterprise – Afghanistan, Managing Director of Welfare Association for the Development of Afghanistan
Mr. Mohammad Nasib is holding degree of Executive- Master in Business Administration from the Preston University Peshawar – Pakistan, Fellowship on Democracy, Development and the Rules of Law in 2005 and bachelor degree in Public Administration and International Comparative Policies from the Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania – USA.